The New e-Niro is Kia's second globally-sold electric vehicle after the Soul EV and more than 200,000 examples of the Niro Hybrid and PHEV have been sold around the world since 2016, with 65,000 examples sold in Europe and more that 11,000 sold here in the UK.
The New e-Niro has been designed to merge crossover-inspired design with long-distance (282 miles on one charge), zero-emissions driving and enjoyable performance. It achieves this with a next-generation electric powertrain, using new production technologies developed specifically for Kia electric vehicles, giving owners the opportunity to complete both long-distance drives and daily commutes with zero emissions and ultra-low running costs.
With the New e-Niro, Kia is currently offering a single, well-equipped ‘4+’ model that encompasses all the essential equipment that an environmentally aware electric vehicle driver needs:
- NEW: 11kW Charger (3-Phase)
- NEW: LED Headlights with Bi-Function Projection
- NEW: Telematics System with UVO Connect Services**
- NEW: Front and Rear Parking Sensors ***
- 282 Miles Electric Range
- 10.25" Touchscreen Satellite Navigation with European Mapping
- 8-speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
- Heated Front & Outer Rear Seats
- Ventilated Seats
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
The more affordable e-Niro '2' and '3' are also in the pipeline for the end of 2020. The new ’2’ grade features a mid-range 39kWh battery with a 180-mile range. The new ’3’ grade uses the existing 282-mile 64kWh battery and comes with leather seats, a wireless phone charger, heated front seats and a heated steering wheel.
New e-NIRO WINS CAR OF THE YEAR AT 2020 WHAT CAR? AWARDS - Small Electric Car More than £35,000
The stunning New e-Niro is the first sensibly priced electric car that can fit into most people’s lives.